12 Gb Ethernet channels to replace 12 SFPs
XLoom is leveraging it's technology to provide switch vendors with the industry's highest gigabit density transceivers, offering 12 channel multi-port gigabit transceivers in an hot-pluggable form factor. XLoom solves the "stranded-bandwidth" challenge facing many switch vendors arising from current face plate limitations and the limitations of SFP form factors.
The GigaFlame™ 12X Optical Transmitter-Receiver set, is a highly advanced densely packed, multi-port optical interconnect solution. These modules provide 12 1000Base-SX channels that replace 12 discrete SFP signle channle devices, solving growing front panel mechnical challenges. The GigaFlame 12X is a pluggable, front-panel cost-effective optical links for high denisty Gigabit Ethernet Enterprise switches.
The GigaFlame modules mechanically support the industry’s XFP MSA mechanical interface allowing the highest port density (up to 120 ports per GbE line card), reduction of power and line card real-estate, improving cost per port for the end customer.
- Highly dense, multi-port, optical transceiver for gigabit Ethernet switched applications
- Provides a 1:8 higher density, 60% power savings, compared with traditional SFPs
- 12 independent channels TX & Rx per package, manageable via I2C
- Compliant with the IEEE 1000Base-SX specification
- Front panel hot-pluggable
- XFP MSA mechnically compliant
- Data rate: 1.25 Gbps per channel
- Typical 2.4W power dissipation per Tx/RX (12 channels)
- Data I/O is AC coupling, PECL, LVDS and CML compatible
- Industry Standard MTP®/MPO ribbon fiber connector interface