The InfiniFlame™ 12X optical transmitter/receiver set are the first Infiniband-ready pluggable optics modules. InfiniFlame 12X are aimed to solve the bulkiness and limited reach of copper cables for Infiniband applications. InfiniFlame supports the XFP MSA form factor which enables high port density, reduction of power and heat, and most importantly, improved cost per port for the end-customer.
InfiniFlame's front-panel pluggability enables "populate-as-you-grow" of optical modules as customer need increases. InfiniFlame is designed to support Infiniband 12X optical transmission links in standard front panel pluggable XFP-size packages. InfiniFlame provides an alternative to bulky copper cables with limited transmission reach by providing support for up to 150m with standard ribbon-fiber cabling.
The InfiniFlame transmitter module features industry standard 12-channel VCSEL (Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Laser) array and a 12-channel SiGe high-speed driver IC. The InfiniFlame receiver features a 12-channel photodiode arrays and a 12-channel SiGe TIA/LA IC. Both transmitter and receiver incorporate a microprocessor for monitoring and control of each individual channel. In addition, the InfiniFlame transmitter supports constant VCSEL power monitoring for additional system reliability. The modules are mechanically compliant with industry XFP MSA,pluggable module standards.
- High density, multi-port, optical transmitter/receiver for Infiniband 12X applications
- 12 independent channels per package, manageable via I2C
- Compliant with the IBTA IB-SX optical specification
- Front panel hot-pluggable
- XFP MSA mechanically compliant
- Data rate: 2.5 Gbps per channel
- Typical total 2.6W power dissipation per Tx/RX pair
- Data I/O is AC coupling, PECL, LVDS and CML compatible
- Industry Standard MTP®/MPO ribbon fiber connector interface